CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The time here (EST)

Monday, May 26, 2008

The Title

A little bit about:
The Title
I told you day one I would explain why I chose From The Side Of The Road to be my title. Well now I am on this boring memorial day.
Well it was a long time ago, like 4th grade maybe even 3rd, when I was in bible school (wow I was in bible school? Jeess this was a long time ago!) and we were talking about that one guy that got beaten up and left for dead on the side of the road and a preacher, some Jewish people, and a camel? all walked past him until a good samaratin walked past and helped him. (please don't be mad at my choppy bible story recreation, my church doesn't like read and memorize passages). Well after that we started talking about how there can be people on the side of the road mentally like in our school, you know the people that sit alone and have no friends, or even people that seem surrounded by friend but are sad (I guess we could say they were talking about depressed people). While I was a little freak of a kid and then I thought I was 'On the side of the road' because the stupid 'popular' people didn't like me (only my little 3rd grade self would think thats bad!) So from then on that little line stuck with me, morphing as I got older and cared less about fitting in and more about standing out and now just about being as invisible as possible. i guess it's a little thoughtless and bratty title now that I think of it, hoping that someone will pick me up off the road instead of me just getting up and asking someone to help me. I don't even know what I want help with! But all I know is that I label myself as 'on the side of the road' and I continue to look for anyone that seems like that too (not like anyone in my school could ever be like that, those rich brats and freaky nerds and my pretty normalish group of friends). So that's my title and this is why, say what you wish, but I like it.

1 comments:

Alex Conti said...

*picks ronnie up off the side of the road* HAH! BEAT YOU! By-the-by, sweet blog.

Talk to me